Time Management Training Workshops:
We help the participants in our Time Management training workshops to accomplish their time management goals through the use of our Time Management Use Analysis Tools which include case study analysis, time management skill analysis, group problem solving, priority analysis, time management games and exercises, and on line pre-work.
For free, no obligation information on how we can help you please contact us today.
Participants in our Time Management training workshops will learn:
- How to devote more time to important activities every day
- How to prevent those daily fires from undermining important goals
- To identify and communicate goals that keep priorities straight
- How to design an effective To-Do list
- How to deal with interruptions
- The art of delegating low-priority tasks
- How to organize your busy work, errands, etc.
- How to use Time Blocks to maintain effectiveness
- How to eliminate most annoying paper work
- To balance professional responsibilities with personal time
- To choose and use time management tools
- How to set goals and evaluate them so that they provide value
- How to stop procrastinating NOW
- How to say NO (in a nice way, of course)
- Identify and arrest time bandits
Time Management Skills - Why It's Important to Be Punctual
Punctuality is something we all depend on from time to time. But it's not always easy to put into practice. So just why is it important to be punctual?
For starters, it's just common courtesy. If you've ever been at the receiving end of waiting for someone who'd habitually late, you'll know how bad it is to be waiting around for someone to turn up. It's plain good manners to be punctual when you're turning up for a meeting with someone.
Some things start on time whether you're there or not. Which means that you may miss out on something important if you don't arrive on time. OK, certain things like cinemas are designed to allow you to be late and still not miss the start - the twenty minutes or so of adverts and trailers is a kind of built in mechanism to allow people to be late. In the same way, the short "previously" section on many television shows does the same thing. And nowadays there's almost always a "plus one" channel or a web replay.
But other things are more of a problem when you arrive late. Planes lock the doors and stop boarding after a certain time. Trains and buses leave on or around the stated time. Parcels that absolutely positively have to be there overnight can't reach their destination if you don't get them to the dispatch area on time. So these are areas where if you're not punctual, things just won't happen. In the case of a missed flight it can get costly as well as you'll need to re-book. Of course, the airline can be late and not worry too much but that's another story.
Being on time or even slightly early also gives you the chance to collect your thoughts and make sure you're calm and composed for the meeting, lecture or whatever. This can give you a slight edge over the people who turn up spot on time or late. Punctuality has the benefit that your mind isn't running through all sorts of lateness scenarios as if it's the white rabbit out of Alice in Wonderland.
It's also less embarrassing if you're punctual. There's nothing worse than feeling the whole room staring at you when you turn up late. Or, in the case of a theater show, having the comedian on stage point you out and maybe even get the spot lights to follow your arrival, much to the joy of the rest of the audience.
Trevor Johnson: link
Category: Time Management Skills
Time Management Courses
- Basics of Time Management
- Managing Time with Outlook
- Time and Territory Management
- Time Management For Managers
- Critical Time Management Skills
- It’s Time for Time Management Training
- Effective Time Management Course
- Improve Your Business Time Management
- Get Results with Time Management Courses
- On-Site Time Management Training Courses
- Essential Time Management Skills Training
- Why Take a Time Management Class?
- Time Management Classes for Success
- Professional Time Management Seminars
- Executive Time Management Workshop
- Best Practices Time Management Seminar